Monday, January 17, 2011

New Blog for Men

I'm busting this blog's cherry with an initial post. It seems that there are a lot of websites out there that list items for men. Well, that is all well and good. Except for one thing... most of them completely STINK!!

These sites just push an item, along with a picture of the item, onto their main page "list" because they are getting paid to do so. Who wants to see that crap? Not me! 

Honestly, I want to be able to review a product in-hand - fiddle with it, play with it, use it, bite it, bounce it, etc... Then after all of that I want to be able to sit down and write an honest (read: BRUTALLY HONEST) review of said item. I want to be able to have companies send me a sample of what they want advertised, let me use it and then basically spew my opinion about it whether it be good or bad.

I've got another family-friendly blog that I've been doing reviews on for almost a year now and I've been really lucky to have received some very good items. I've written reviews for every one of them and so far, knock on wood, none of the reviews have been negative. Honestly. I've liked everything so far. But the thing is... most of those items not many MEN (say it with me, MMMEEENNN!!!) would not like or be interested in very much. I want to change that.

Instead of getting paid money to post an advertisement (like all the other sites do) I'm going to start contacting companies who make/sell products either FOR men or that men would like as well as women. No item I review will be geared towards women only. That is a promise.

Here are my goals:

#1. NEVER review women-only items
#2. NEVER accept money in return for a review (only a sample product)
#3. NEVER post a review without testing a product personally
#4. ALWAYS be brutally honest when reviewing an item
#5. BECOME the #1 trusted source for us men and our MANLY items
#6. Kick Ass in the process

If you ever see me waiver from any of these goals/rules, please feel free to send me a nasty e-mail to get me back on track.

If you have any questions or concerns or if you want to read a review of a specific item, please e-mail me as well and I'll do my best to get a sample and review if for you.

Until later...

Daddy Likey

No comments:

Post a Comment